21 September 2009

City in a Garden

Hi! This is the inaugural post of "Saucy Aubergine," my new food blog. I've been talking about starting one for a long time, and have recently had people ask me about cooking and home preserving, so I figure this is the best way to do it! Tomorrow will be good-time adventures in homemade yoghurt, paneer, and mozzarella, so there should be a lot more going on here in the next few days. Dust off the digital camera, etc. etc.

In other news, my adopted hometown of Chicago was recently voted #3 "Best City for Urban Gardening!" I suppose it's not called "The City in a Garden" for nothing! I do feel proud to live in a city that is so good for growing and eating food; the tomatoes are going nuts in the backyard, I can't seem to stop my garlic cloves from sprouting in the compost bins (they need a transfer to a proper pot,) and my friend's Oaxaca hot peppers are already sprouting little fingers. It's all pretty magical.

CauseCast: Five Best Cities for Urban Gardening


 (image courtesy of Wikimedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment